Video links are generated algorithmically and may not necessarily be this precise product.
Surplus to requirements as more Stroudley D1s came into service, No. 55 Stepney was renumbered to 655 when placed on the LB&SCR's 'duplicate list' in June 1901, after twenty-six years' service at New Cross. Motor-train services led to the re-introduction of the Terrier fleet, with Stepney being used on pseudo single coach 'motor-trains', until 1907, when 655 was fully converted for motor-train use. A1X re-boilering followed in 1912 and by 1923, 655 was at Fratton.