Manufacturer catalogue image - please note that pre-release images may be CAD renders or CGI images rather than photographs
Era 6 (1967 to 1972) British Rail Blue (Pre-TOPS)
Built at Horwich Works, D3817 entered traffic on 18 March 1959 and after being allocated to Newport for just over ten years, the locomotive spent its entire British Railways service life in the south. It was based at Ashford and then Eastleigh, during which time it was renumbered as 08650.
Foster Yeoman purchased the locomotive in August 1989, transferring it to operations on the Isle of Grain where it continued operation into Aggregate Industries' ownership. Now owned by Mendip Rail, 08650 has operated under private ownership longer than it did under that of British Railways.
Having undergone numerous renumbers and serving multiple railway locations, this locomotive will bring that extra splash of history to your railway collection.
* Class names often change over the lifespan of a locomotive, so this is not necessarily the class name used by the operator in the period modelled.
GWR, Class 08, 0-6-0, 08645 'St. Piran' - Era 11
BR, Class 08, 0-6-0, 08715 - Era 8
FGW, Class 08, 0-6-0, 08644 'Laira Diesel Depot: 50 Years 1962-2012' - Era 10
BR, Class 08, 0-6-0, 13363 - Era 6
DB Schenker, Class 08, 0-6-0, 08623 with TTS Sound - Era 10