Manufacturer catalogue image
Era 3 (1923 to 1947) The Big Four (LNER, LMS, GWR and SR)
Built at Ashford Works in January 1905, SE&CR No. 552 entered traffic at Maidstone West. Following Grouping, the locomotive was renumbered to A552, then as 1552 in the July 1931 renumbering scheme whilst allocated to Bricklayers Arms.
Following Nationalisation, the locomotive spent some time in storage, briefly being reinstated for two months in early 1953, before re-entering traffic properly at Tonbridge in October 1953, now numbered as 31552 and briefly fitted with a push-pull motor for just two months. In November 1961, 31552 was withdrawn whilst allocated to Ashford.
* Class names often change over the lifespan of a locomotive, so this is not necessarily the class name used by the operator in the period modelled.
Supplier links are provided for your convenience and do not guarantee that the product is currently available. RailwayModels.uk is not a representative of these suppliers, but may receive a commission when purchases are made through links on this page.