A1 Class 4472 Flying Scotsman entered traffic on 24 February, 1923, unnamed, as LNER No. 1472. Selected as the LNER's presitige exhibit for the forthcoming British Empire Exhibition at Wembley, 1472 emerged from Doncaster Works on 2 March, 1924 with the Company's Coat-of-Arms adorning the cabside, a new number; 4472 and named as Flying Scotsman. On 1 May, 1928, and fitted with a Corridor Tender, Flying Scotsman undertook the first non-stop run from London to Edinburgh.
Produced under licence for SCMG Enterprises Ltd. © SCMGE. Every purchase supports the museum.