ROD, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 5662 - Era 2
Built at Cowlairs in November 1891, NBR No. 662 was rebuilt in May 1915 and was one of twenty five Class C locomotives requisitioned by the Railway Executive on August 4, 1917 for use by the Railway Operating Division of the Royal Engineers. Sent to the Western Front on 7 November, 1917, it is thought that ROD 5662 worked around Verquigneul in the Pas-de-Calais, proving reliable in ROD service. Returning on 12 April, 1919 to the UK, NBR 662 was named Birdwood.