Built at Swindon Works under Lot No. 369 during August 1948, Diagram A9 Class 5101 'Large Prairie' No. 4160 entered traffic on 6 September, 1948 at Barry Shed, where it stayed until 3 October, 1953. Staying in Wales, 4160 worked from Merthyr Tydfil and Radyr until October 5, 1964, when it moved to Severn Valley Junction. Condemned in June 1965, it was purchased for preservation and is currently at Llangollen Railway, awaiting restoration.