Manufacturer catalogue image - please note that pre-release images may be CAD renders or CGI images rather than photographs
Era 3 (1923 to 1947) The Big Four (LNER, LMS, GWR and SR)
4003 'Lode Star' entered service with the Great Western Railway in February 1907 and received the first of its modifications, the superheated boiler, in May 1911. The second major alteration took place in March 1949 when 'elbow' pattern outside steam pipes were fitted however just two years later, in July 1951, 4003 'Lode Star' was withdrawn from service while allocated to Landore.
Added to the National Collection, 'Lode Star' remained in storage at Swindon until 1962, when it was moved to Swindon Railway Museum as a static exhibit until 1 March 1992, when it was sent to the National Railway Museum in York. The locomotive has since been exhibited again in Swindon at STEAM, the Museum of the Great Western Railway and more recently back at the Railway Musuem in York.
Produced under licence for SCMG Enterprises Ltd. National Railway Museum © SCMG. Images and packaging designs © SCMG. Every purchase supports the museum. www. nrm.org.uk
* Class names often change over the lifespan of a locomotive, so this is not necessarily the class name used by the operator in the period modelled.
Supplier links are provided for your convenience and do not guarantee that the product is currently available. RailwayModels.uk is not a representative of these suppliers, but may receive a commission when purchases are made through links on this page.
Online offers are generated automatically based on brand name and product code, and may not necessarily be this precise item.