A1 Class 4472 Flying Scotsman entered traffic in February 1923 as LNER No. 1472, being allocated initially to Doncaster. Renumbered as 4472 in March 1924, the locomotive was also renumbered as No. 502 and No. 103 before entering Doncaster workshops in November 1946 for rebuilding as an A3. In 1949 the locomotive was repainted into British Railways
Produced under licence for SCMG Enterprises Ltd. © SCMGE. Every purchase supports the museum.