The Midland Railway Johnson 0-6-0 were a class of locomotives serving Britain's Midland Railway system in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Between 1875 and 1908 the Midland Railway, under the control of locomotive superintendents Samuel W. Johnson and Richard Deeley, ordered 935 goods tender engines of 0-6-0 type, both from the railway's own shops at Derby and various external suppliers. Although there were many (mostly small) variations between different batches both as delivered and as successively rebuilt, all 935 can be regarded as a single series, one of the largest classes of engine on Britain's railways. Despite withdrawals starting in 1925, locomotives of the class served as late as 1964, but none survived into preservation.
The operational sphere of the class was very wide, from the Midland heartlands extending down into Somerset and Dorset turf, where the S&DJR actually purchased 10 of the class. Other examples were purchased by the LNER and M&GNJR, providing an even wider geographic spread for the useful 0-6-0s!